Error pages inform visitors about problems when they attempt to access your site. Each problem has its own status code (for example,
404) and error page.
The web server automatically provides basic error pages, but the Error Pages interface allows you to define custom error pages for any HTTP status code.
Edit an error page
To customize an error page, perform the following steps:
- If this account manages more than one domain, select the domain for which you wish to edit an error page from the Managing: menu.
- Click the error status code for which you wish to edit its error page.
- If you do not see the desired error status code in that list, click the Show All HTTP Error Status Codes tab. Then, click on the desired error status code.
- Enter a message in the text box.
- To display information on the error page about the visitor who accessed your site, click the appropriate buttons for the information that you wish to display.
- Enter additional HTML code to further customize your error pages.
- Click Save.